Thursday, February 6, 2014

What is your Name? What is your quest?

Greetings and salutations! My name is ***CENSORED*** but you can call me Fantasticness. This is my first experience with the blogosphere, but I do have friends who blog, and know people who read blogs, and have even ended up at the end of some pretty intense blog entries in my day, so with any luck you all will fall under the impression that I know what I'm doing.

Which, of course, I don't.

Which brings me to the point:

I have no idea what I'm doing with myself.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm pretty much in the "Oh, God, what am I supposed to be doing?" stage of my life right when I'm supposed to be, but the sudden realization that I have no idea what I'm doing and can't really worm my way around the confusion really threw me for a loop. I'm at this point in life where a lot of my friends are old enough to be married and settling down and getting tenured even, and a lot of them are almost done with high school and ready to start thinking about the whole "what next" thing. Heck, tons of people I know are in one category thinking they fall into the other. (Weird, right? Actually, it really isn't. Depressing is what it is.)

I fall somewhere in the middle of that. I'm in this awkward limbo between high school and college. I have a job I'm pretty fond of but I really don't want it to become my career. I'm pretty sure I know what I want to do with my life but I'm nowhere close to actually getting where I need to be to make it happen, and the world of today scares the bejeebus out of me, not to mention the implications laid out for the world of tomorrow.

In any case, the purpose of this blog, the nature of my quest, if you will, is to sort out all the insanity going on in my life so I can turn into a real boy. girl. human being. (<--Pinocchio reference, just because.)

I'm ditching the strings, if you will.

This blog shall be my scissors.

So long, puppeteer.

And the metaphor is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment