Monday, February 10, 2014

Anticipation

Do you remember that old ketchup commercial where they're trying to get the ketchup from the bottle but the bottle is made of glass and they're sitting there forever just waiting for the stupid ketchup to come out of the bottle so they can eat their stupid fries? In the background there's this annoying, high-pitched singing and the unit word you can make out is

"Anticipation...."

I'm feeling like those fries. Like i know I'm just waiting on that juicy red stuff to fall and it might take forever, but as soon as it does, it's only a little while longer to wait until it's over.

Anticipation...

I feel like I have a three-pound rock in the pit of my stomach, like I'm not sure how it got there but it isn't going anywhere unless I personally take a knife and cut it out of there. It's throwing me off balance; every time I stand up I just about fall over, but at least it's weighing me down enough that the wind can't blow me away.

Anticipation...

I feel like my chest is being constricted, like there's a blanket wrapped around me to tight and it's keeping my arms and legs pointed to my sides, but it's not warm like a blanket should be. It's ice cold.
...

I'm waiting on a phone call that will be hard no matter how it goes, and I just want it to be over, but I'm scared to know how it ends.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I like to think I have a gift for such things. My cousin just says I'm a weirdo, but I simply find it impossible to be satisfied saying "My favorite color is blue" because it's not blue, it's the *specific* blue of where the sky meets the Caribbean ocean on the horizon at noon on a clear, cloudless summer day and ONLY that shade of blue.

      Which is a weird example because I have trouble telling apart my blues, reds, and purples.

      Delete