Monday, March 3, 2014

Yes I am Legos and No I am not Really an Inanimate Object

So, waaaay the fuck back in September my best friend (who has previously and shall henceforth be referred to here as Bestie) flew alllll the way the fuck from our hometown of Tattooine to my current city of residence to visit me. He stayed with my brother and I for a week and went home. My brother spent basically the entire visit trying to convince Bestie to stay here but, for reasons the internet has no business knowing, that didn't happen.

My Home Planet


Well, guys.

It's happening.

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Party Time: Woot Woot!

So when my brother dips out on me in June when our current lease runs out, I shall either already or very shortly thereafter have a person there to have my back and I'll have theirs.

Like, actually have my back. In a "keep an eye out for each other and keep each other safe without trying to control every aspect of each others lives because I understand and recognize that you're an adult and don't need to be coddled like an infant here" sort of way.

I'm STOKED!!!

In other news, Poffle called me tonight. Just general "hey, how ya been, what's up with you, got any exciting plans" sort of stuff.

I told him.

He's PISSED the fuck off.

Poffle, twenty minutes ago

And it's funny as HELL.

Like, okay, so I told you since it started in fucking SEPTEMBER that my brother has been angling for this to happen for a while now, and you knew, and you treated me like shit and kicked me to the curb (not for the first time in our lengthy and less-than-illustrious relationship) and now you're upset that someone else wants to spend that much time with me. You're upset that I'm going to take advantage of the fact that I'll be living with a (reasonably) sane person with whom I get along very nicely even when we have disagreements and am plotting to use our combined resources to move out of my ghetto, hood-rat-infested neighborhood and move to a decent area. You're upset that I'm comfortable enough in my friendship with someone else to do something wild and crazy together, for more reasons than you have a right to know, and you don't even want to walk around a fucking renaissance faire together because that'd be weird or something?

Seriously

Dude, I'm sorry.

Specifically, I'm sorry you're upset by this, because I know being upset by things sucks but this is happening. I'm also sorry you don't know how to process this (I know that can be overwhelming) but I'm here if you need to talk it out. I'm sorry you think this is a step back for "us" but I'd appreciate if you kept in mind that there is no more "us" since you called time out.

And no, my life really isn't any of your business anymore (thanks for recognizing that, by the way, though I realize you were trying to be petty when you said it) but even though you literally put me through all kinds of hell (and I won't deny I've been just as awful to you at times; you should be aware that that's what happens when you date teenagers) I still care about you and will give you the update on my life since you asked what I was up to, and here's how and why this is happening, and you don't have to like it but please try and understand it.

Also, this isn't about you, Poffle.

Although, maybe it should be.

You see, you're like a little kid. You have this awesome tower of Legos that you had a heck of a good time building, but then you finished with it and went to play on the computer instead. But what's this? Someone ELSE wants to play with the toy you're not even looking at anymore because the computer is so much more interesting? Damn, well, too bad. You're on the computer now, so those blocks are officially none of your damn business.

Better get some ice for that burn.

In the meantime, I'm just going to sit over here and laugh at your ridiculousness.

Pictured: (from left) Poffle, Fantasticness

No comments:

Post a Comment